Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Santa Monica College's Falsified Police Records

Here is an email I sent Santa Monica College's attorney, Joshua Morrison, on April 24, 2006. Obviously, Thomas J. Baker is coming to the SMCPD with unclean hands and misusing the campus police department to cover up his own wrongdoing. The burning question in my mind is why SMC is allowing, if not encouraging, Baker to perform these hate crimes against its student body? Is it because the SMCPD falls under the control of Dr. Robert Adams and the Office of Student Affairs?

As SMC student Jeff Higley wrote on his blog The Seige about the "failures of Eileen Miller, SMC campus police chief, to insure the safety of people on campus and to implement a timely and responsive mechanism for the intake of citizen’s complaints as required under California Penal Code Section 832.5. (The SMCPD falls under the jurisdiction of Dr. Adams and the office of student affairs.)." Mr. Higley is working tirelessly to expose "the dysfunctional, mismanaged and, in some respects, criminal nature – philosophical, practical, moral and legal – of the Office of Student Life at Santa Monica College as it operates (or, rather, doesn’t) under the ultimate jurisdiction of Dr. Robert 'Bobbie' Adams, vice president of student affairs, but actual day-to-day management of Assistant Dean of Student Life Deyna Hearns and Student Activities Advisor Benny Blaydes." In a future blog article, we'll go a bit deeper into Denya Hearns' role to cover up the falsified statements of Thomas J. Baker and the SMCPD.

-- Des Manttari,
Editor-in-Chief,
Phoenix Genesis

(c) 2006: Phoenix Genesis/MBS LP

----------------------MY EMAIL TO JOSH MORRISON----------------------

Dear Mr. Morrison:

Pursuant to your request last Friday, April 21, 2006, when Mr. Dustin Curran and I met with you and Mr. Robert Sammis, I emailed Mr. Chris Fields and asked that he execute another stipulation of time for defendants' discovery request. As Lee & Fields is still listed as the attorney of record in the CPRA case with SMC District, you felt that it was better if they execute this stipulation.

During our meeting last Friday, I mentioned my serious concerns regarding the violent and fraudulent conduct of Thomas J. Baker and others acting under the guise of the SMC Gaming Club. Although Mr. Sammis assured me that Mr. Baker would cease his harassment, I have since been harassed via the Internet by and through him and his agents. By copy of this email, I insist that SMC take action to cease this harassment via the Internet.

Additionally, during our meeting, Mr. Sammis provided me with several SMCPD police incident reports. One of these reports concerns the incidents of March 24, 2006 in which Mr. Baker falsified information to the SMCPD in order to maliciously attempt a false arrest of myself and to harass and detain other students and myself with the SMCPD.

The SMCPD report does not accurately reflect the events of March 24, 2006. For example, it is stated in the report that "Officer Hearn and I, Officer Champagne, advised MANTTARI regarding disrupting a meeting and she left the room without further incident." This statement is factually inaccurate. During my forced detainment and interrogation by SMCPD, which lasted approximately 20 minutes, I was never advised "regarding disrupting a meeting." In fact, I was specifically informed by SMCPD that no written report was to be filed against me. Furthermore, although the bulk of my forced interrogation, in violation of my Constitutional rights, dealt with the terrorist threats made by members of the SMC Gaming Club through their Yahoo! Group, nothing appears of my legitimate complaint in this police report. Why was this not written down?

Additionally, Mr. Sammis provided me the written attached statement of Thomas J. Baker. This statement is neither dated or signed, and as such is informal. However, Ms. Judith Penchansky was allegedly using it to wrongfully threaten me with suspension from SMC. Mr. Baker's written statement is factually inaccurate, patently false, and filled with innuendo and unsubstantiated hearsay. I am informed and believe and thereon allege that Mr. Baker wrote this statement with malice, to harass me, to falsely substantiate his false arrest attempt against me, to falsely initiate suspension proceedings against me, and to paint me in a false light at SMC. I see this as not only in violation of SMC's clear written policies governing hate crimes and academic dishonesty, but a serious matter warranting criminal investigation with law enforcement agencies.

I ask that the factually inaccurate SMCPD incident report and the false and malicious written statements made by Thomas J. Baker be removed forthwith from my student records, including any and all records maintained by Judith Penchansky's Office of Judicial Affairs. Given the false allegations against me, the wrongful detainment by SMCPD by and through Thomas J. Baker, the recent harassment via the Internet, I do not see Mr. Baker ceasing his criminal and potentially dangerous behavior without immediate intervention by Santa Monica Community College District.

As I stated at the meeting last Friday, I am concerned for my safety and the safety of the students at SMC. Both Mr. Sammis and yourself indicated that you wish to amicably resolve this matter, but I do not see this happening when Mr. Baker is being ratified and encouraged by SMC to perform hate crimes against its student body and to falsify information to the school district while the District stands idly by.

Thank you for your prompt response to the foregoing.

Very Truly Yours,
Des Manttari


Feel free to link or print this; just include the SAVE SMC URL: http://savesmc.blogspot.com/

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,
,

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had my own dealing with Chief Miller. I tried to make a complaint about the off-duty conduct of Sergeant Charles Bays and she told me I had to submit a written and signed complaint in order for her to investigate. This is CONTRARY to State Law! How the hell did she get her job?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home