Saturday, July 01, 2006

My Letter to President Chui Tsang re: Wrongful Suspension

A week has elapsed and Santa Monica College President Chui L. Tsang, like everyone else at SMC, has not responded. To date, I have not been afforded inspection of my student records (including any alleged disciplinary records) despite almost a year of written and oral requests. I have not been provided any answers to my questions or responses to my grievances. Furthermore, my due process rights and First Amendment rights to free speech have been violated. Although I should receive equal protection under the law, I have not been afforded such by SMC.

Here's the June 29, 2006 letter I wrote President Tsang (available in Adobe PDF format), which was sent to him via certified mail on June 30, 2006. Will President Tsang make good on his reputation as a "champion" of students' First Amendment rights or will he simply be a hand puppet of former SMC President Piedad Robertson's heavy-handed, biased, and self-serving administration? Why are the SMC administrators such moral cowards? Perhaps it is because they know their lies cannot sustain close scrutiny.

-- Des Manttari,
Editor-in-Chief,
Phoenix Genesis

(c) 2006: Phoenix Genesis/MBS LP

Feel free to link or print this; just include the SAVE SMC URL: http://savesmc.blogspot.com/

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,
,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home