Monday, February 27, 2006

Another Cease and Desist Notice to SMC

Here's an Adobe PDF copy of the letter written by my attorney Edward Y. Lee, dated February 24, 2006. This letter was faxed to Joshua Morrison, the attorney who is representing Santa Monica Community College District, who is employed at Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo. The final letter was signed and faxed.

As we've previously discussed, Santa Monica College, by and through Professor
Jim Keeshen, allegedly infringed on my copyrights on various occasions last year in regards to the History of Animation website that was housed on my server. You can view our original Copyright Infringement Cease and Desist Notice HERE. Now, Professor Keeshen is allegedly using my name and information in his ET 2 Storytelling course this semester. This course is taught at Santa Monica College's Academy of Entertainment and Technology. Despite the letter sent from my attorney last Friday, my name continues to appear in his supplemental eCollege eCompanion course module.

Here's a thumbnail screenshot of my name used in an alleged webliography posting by James Keeshen on or about January 25, 2006:

ET2 Storytelling Webliography thumbnail of entries for Spring 2006

And here's a close-up view showing my name as the person allegedly submitting the 4 links.

ET2 Storytelling Webliography with Des Manttari's Name and Date

And here's a close-up view showing that it was Professor James Keeshen who posted this misinformation, using my name without my permission or authorization.

ET2 Storytelling Webliography with Des Manttari's Name and Date

And here's the doc sharing portion of the course where Professor Keeshen has allegedly created a folder with my name. For what purpose, it remains unclear as I am no longer his teaching assistant nor am I currently enrolled in this course.

ET2 Storytelling Doc Sharing close-up with my name for Spring 2006

Hopefully, SMC will immediately remove my name from this ET 2 Storytelling course.

-- Des Manttari,
Editor-in-Chief,
Phoenix Genesis

(c) 2006: Phoenix Genesis/MBS LP

Feel free to link or print this; just include the SAVE SMC URL: http://savesmc.blogspot.com/

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,
,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home