Monday, June 05, 2006

Why is Judith Penchansky Hiding?

Here's yet another email to Santa Monica College Disciplinarian Judith Penchansky and her before and after classic one-liners avoiding responsibility. Clearly, perhaps every single civil right and student right I have at Santa Monica Community College has been violated thus far. Both Robert Sammis and Judith Penchansky expected both Jeff Higley and I to walk away like beaten dogs with our tails between our legs rather than stand up to the wrongful disciplinary actions against us as well as their smear campaigns. Now, faced with actually having to answer to their abuse of power, they are simply hiding to avoid accountability. Ten months without being allowed to inspect my student records? Have you ever heard of any other school that has trampled students' rights in such a blatant and disrespectful way? And SMC wonders why it is struggling with enrollment recovery, can't maintain its part time faculty, and has received such a poor accreditation.

-- Des Manttari,
Editor-in-Chief,
Phoenix Genesis

(c) 2006: Phoenix Genesis/MBS LP

-------------------MY EMAIL TO PENCHANSKY AND HER RESPONSES ----------


ATTENTION: JUDITH PENCHANSKY, SANTA MONICA COLLEGE

RE: Still Awaiting a Response and Student Records From You

June 5, 2006

Dear Ms. Penchansky:

Regardless of whether Robert Sammis is handling my appeal or not, you are the campus disciplinarian and you maintain my alleged disciplinary records. I have repeatedly written to you, requesting answers to numerous legitimate questions for weeks now and you have promised to respond, but have not. For example, I have asked in writing for the names and titles of all individuals who will comprise the suspension appeal hearing committee. No answer has been forthcoming.

Additionally, I have been requesting inspection and copies of my student records from you, including those disciplinary records, files, statements, and reports (including SMCPD incident reports), as well as your petition against me, and you have failed, if not outright refused, to provide those records as required by law. As you are well aware, and admitted this knowledge to Mr. Drury when the two of you last spoke in person, I have requested inspection of my student disciplinary files since August of last year. Now, we are in June 2006, ten months down the road. What is the delay?

Again, by copy of this email, I am demanding that I be allowed to inspect my student records, including disciplinary records and all files and reports maintained therein, effective immediately and that copies of the file be provided to Mr. Stephen E. Drury, my authorized representative (of which you have received written notice of his authorization). I am also requesting that you provide me the information I have requested in writing concerning the appeals committee as well as the answers to my questions I have posed in writing.

I eagerly await your response.

Very Truly Yours,

Des Manttari /s/


From: "PENCHANSKY_JUDITH"
PENCHANSKY_JUDITH@smc.edu
To: "Phoenix Genesis"
Subject: RE: Demand for Records and Further Extension, Written Notices
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:36:14 -0700

Hello Des: VP Robert Sammis is preparing your appeal hearing; please communicate directly with him from now on.

Thank you, Dean Penchansky


From: "PENCHANSKY_JUDITH"
PENCHANSKY_JUDITH@smc.edu
To: "Phoenix Genesis"
Subject: RE: Still Awaiting a Response and Student Records From You
Date: Monday, June 5, 2006 1:38 PM

I am forwarding your email to VP Sammis since he is handling your appeal case.

Thank you,
Dean Penchansky



Feel free to link or print this; just include the SAVE SMC URL: http://savesmc.blogspot.com/

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,
,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home