Friday, December 16, 2005

Where's Waldo?

As can be expected, Robert Sammis didn't show up today when I went to the Academy of Entertainment & Technology. Here's the email I sent him below. We'll see if Santa Monica College and their attorneys show up to Court when ordered to do so next week.

-- Des Manttari,
Editor-in-Chief,
Phoenix Genesis

(c) 2005: Phoenix Genesis/MBS LP

--------TODAY'S EMAIL TO ROBERT SAMMIS-----------

ATTENTION: ROBERT SAMMIS,
SANTA MONICA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
DECEMBER 16, 2005
RE: FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE CPRA


Dear Mr. Sammis,

Despite your written agreement via email on Tuesday, December 13th, as set forth and referenced herein, you neither emailed me back or showed up for the inspection today between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. I arrived around 1:30 p.m. and spoke with Dean Katharine Muller's secretary, Andrea Hyman. Ms. Hyman said that you were in for several hours at AET in your office and left around noon, an hour before the meeting that you had arranged with me. Although I fully accommodated your schedule, you did not provide me the common courtesy of contacting me. Ms. Hyman checked her desk, Edna's desk, and your office and no public records were left for me nor was she given any information regarding an alleged inspection under the California Public Records Act.

I additionally spoke with Luz downstairs and she also informed me that there were no documents available nor had she been informed about an inspection of public records. I waited around until approximately 4:30 p.m. At this time, I spoke with Dean Katharine Muller since she was served with the Third Written Request for Public Records on or about September 29, 2005. She stated that you were handling the matter. At this time, she did not provide me with any public records for SMC's Academy of Entertainment & Technology nor did she offer or provide inspection of the same.

It is blatantly obvious at this point, despite my repeated efforts to aid you in what is outstanding and to comply with a time frame for inspection and production, that you, acting on behalf of Santa Monica Community College District, et. al., do not intend to comply with the California Public Records Act. It is further apparent that there will be no compliance of the law without immediate Court intervention. By copy of this email, I am informing you that my attorneys will move Ex Parte at their earliest convenience to compel SMCCD to disclose those public records long overdue, some of which I have patiently waited for almost six months.

To help you in bringing the necessary public records to Court, I have made the following Adobe PDF files for each of the five written requests for production and inspection of documents as follows:

SMC Public Records - Set One:
http://www.vtutorials.com/clients/des/savesmc/cpra/Set01_CPRA_smc.pdf

SMC Public Records - Set Two:
http://www.vtutorials.com/clients/des/savesmc/cpra/Set02_CPRA_smc.pdf

SMC Public Records - Set Three:
http://www.vtutorials.com/clients/des/savesmc/cpra/Set03_CPRA_smc.pdf

SMC Public Records - Set Four:
http://www.vtutorials.com/clients/des/savesmc/cpra/Set04_CPRA_smc.pdf

SMC Public Records - Set Five:
http://www.vtutorials.com/clients/des/savesmc/cpra/Set05_CPRA_smc.pdf

Very Truly Yours,
Des Manttari /s/


--------- SAMMIS' EMAIL REFERENCED IN MY EMAIL-----------

From: "SAMMIS_ROBERT" SAMMIS_ROBERT@smc.edu
To: "Phoenix Genesis"
Subject: RE: When can we expect SMC's compliance with the CPRA?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:05:47 -0800

Des:

I have set aside time for this Friday any time between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. for you to inspect purchasing files and any other items still outstanding that are not otherwise privileged or otherwise exempt from the public records act. I will send you an email tomorrow outlining what the District’s understands that you wish to inspect and/or copy.

Robert Sammis
Vice President, Planning&Development
Santa Monica Community College District
310.434.4206


Feel free to link or print this; just include the SAVE SMC URL: http://savesmc.blogspot.com/

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , ,
,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home